7 GREAT ALBUMS I OWN RELEASED THE YEAR I WAS BORN, WHICH WAS 1971
1. "What's Going On" by Marvin Gaye - Ah, Marvin. We don't need to escalate.
2. "Who's Next" by The Who - Arguably, their peak, not quite as full of filler as some of their concept rock operas but more assured than their earlier albums.
3. "There's A Riot Goin On" by Sly and the Family Stone - Nowhere near as exuberant as their earlier singles, but still a classic piece of druggy funk.
4. "Sticky Fingers" by The Rolling Stones - The Stones at their peak.
5. "IV" by Led Zeppelin, or Zoso or whatever you wish to call it - As noted in the comments to Mandy, I'm not a giant obsessive Led Zep fan, but this album pretty much sums up everything great about the band. Rawk!
6. "Hunky Dory" by David Bowie - Not his single greatest album, perhaps, but where the greatness begins.
7. "Master of Reality" by Black Sabbath - The riff for "Sweet Leaf" makes me want to be 15 forever, but without all the angst and zits.